Our excursions are an important and enjoyable part of your stay. Each week you will have a half-day excursion on Tuesday and a full day excursion on Saturday (all entry fees are included). You will discover more about our beautiful region, the British way of life and our heritage and culture on these days out.
Each summer we visit places such as:
- the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath. You will visit the famous Roman baths. We will take you on a guided tour of the historic centre and you will also have some free time for shopping too!
- the Eden Project in Cornwall where giant biodomes house the largest indoor rainforest in the world!
- Plymouth and the National Marine Aquarium. See the Pilgrim Father’s steps from where the Mayflower set sail 400 years ago this year. We will take you on a boat trip across Plymouth Sound but not to the New World!
- The coastal village of Tintagel in Cornwall the dramatic setting for King Arthur’s Castle. We will then spend the afternoon on the sandy beaches at Bude.
You can also choose to go to London. Find out more here.
Tuesday Afternoon Excursions
We will take you to the coast to have a swim, play volleyball and walk along the Jurassic coast on our half-day excursion. We also visit the beautiful countryside of Devon one of the most popular holiday destinations in England. Each summer we visit such places as:
- Torquay and the English Riviera famous for Agatha Christie
- Sidmouth and the Jurassic Coast
- Exmouth for sea swimming and beach volleyball
- Dartmoor National Park, which inspired Conan Doyle to write Sherlock Holmes “Hound of the Baskervilles”