Accommodation in an English home
We are proud of our kind, welcoming hosts. They are an important part of your stay and one of the main reasons our students return to us each year.
Living in an English home
We believe that living in an English home is the best immersive experience. The home that you live in is a very important part of your English experience and we want you to learn all about English family life, English customs and food while you are here in Exeter!It means you experience our country, our culture. It is the most effective way to improve your conversational English too!
How do I choose the best home for you?
“I visit all our English homes in Exeter and select kind, welcoming hosts for our students. I inspect their home and talk to them. I ask myself: “Would I be happy to place a teenage child of my own here?
If the answer is yes, I collect personal references and carry out police checks on everyone over the age of 18 living in the home. When all of the checks are completed successfully, they become a home for our students.
We check in the first days of the course that you are happy in your home. I am in the school gardens talking to students every day. If there is something you do not understand or are unhappy about, please tell me. I want you to have the best experience here in my school”.
Sarah Tomlinson, Principal
All our hosts abide by our Code of Practice in accordance with British Council and British Tourist Authority recommendations.
What meals are included in your course fees?
You will have full-board accommodation every day = all meals.
• Breakfast, a packed lunch and evening meal from Monday to Saturday
• Breakfast, lunch and an evening meal on Sunday
When you apply, you can choose:
- to share a room with another Isca student (same sex, similar age and different nationality). This is a great cultural experience and we recommend it!
- to share a room with a friend
- to have a single room (limited availability). If a single room is not available, you will share a twin room with another Isca student (same sex, similar age and different nationality)
We guarantee that no students with the same mother tongue are placed in the same family, unless two friends ask to share.
Phone us and find out more
On +44 (0) 1392 255342
Our office hours are Monday to Friday 09.00-16.30