There are a lot of summer camps and private English Language schools in the UK! Each one offers your child something different!
Choosing where to send your child to learn English is not easy.
Of course we think there are some extra special reasons to come and study English with us at the Isca School of English:-
- The Isca School is a family run school with over 50 years of experience! We know how important it is to care for your child as an individual. Sarah Tomlinson grew up in the school and is always available to you or your child.
- In our latest British Council inspection we were awarded 13 out of a possible 15 strengths* in the following categories: • Teaching
• Care of Under 18s
• Learning Resourcers
• Course Design
• Learner Management
• Academic Management
• Leisure Opportunities
• Care of Students
• Quality Assurance
• Premises and Facilities
• Staff Management
• Student Administration We are the only school in Exeter to achieve this number of strengths and one of only two in the South west of the UK!
- We are the best family run school in the UK and ranked joint 9th out of all of the schools in the UK by the EL Gazette http://digital.elgazette.com/march-2018/uk-language-centres-rank-1-18.html
* El Gazette rankings are based on a school’s British Council report. All of the Schools ranked in the EL Gazette scored more than 50 per cent of available areas of strength. This puts them in the top 20 per cent of all the centres in the UK accredited by the British Council. The Isca School is one of the very best English Language Schools in the UK!
I am very excited to write our first blog post as Isca’s new principal and to welcome you to our English school. Our students have created a lot of exciting news stories and videos to share and I will be updating the blog with these very soon. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I have!
Why come to our English school?
Every English school is different but we think that Isca is special. We are a family run school (in our third generation) and many of our students are the children or friends of our very first students who came over 51 years ago!
We are a British council accredited school and every year we look at ways to improve the experience our students have here and how to make sure they are enjoying themselves even more. Based on our last British council report from 2013 we have been in the top 100 of English schools in the UK. Every year we try to improve your experience here and this year our students are doing their placement test before they arrive in Exeter. This means that from their first day they start their lessons with their class and make new friends straightaway.
What is my favourite thing about Isca?
Our students! When they arrive the school comes back to life and the noise of them learning English fills the school. It is a wonderful feeling and reminds me why I chose to follow in my parent’s and grandparent’s footsteps in running the school.
Every year is different and I hope you will enjoy our blog and all the hard work our students and fantastic teachers have created to share with you. I look forward to hearing about your memories of Isca when you come to visit us.